The UPELT will have a fixed schedule every Wednesday that is easily booked through the UP Admissions team.
Covering all four elements of English language; reading, listening, writing and speaking, this well-rounded assessment is fully approved and accepted for entry into the University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies (excluding Accelerated).
All four elements follow a similar theme allowing for a natural progression from reading to listening to writing and to speaking.
3 passages, approx. 900 words combined
(plus time to transfer answers)
1 essay, 220-250 words
Book your test:
Step 1: Apply for one of our programmes.
Step 2: Email email@example.com to book the Up English Language Test. You need to make the booking at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired test date.
Step 3: Make the payment. The fee for the test is $50 NZD. You can make the payment by scanning the QR code or following the instructions on the payment request form that you will receive from the admissions team.
Step 4: Once the payment is made, please send the payment evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: You will receive a confirmation of your booking from admissions team once the payment is received.
Please note: If you want to cancel or make any change to your test booking, you need to notify email@example.com by email at least 1 week in advance of the confirmed test date; no refund will be applicable if the cancellation or change request is received within a week in advance of the confirmed test date.
Preparation for each test:
- Read the detailed instructions about the test.
- Read the instructions for logging into Education Perfect.
- Complete the practice task on Education Perfect the day before the test to familiarize yourself with how to use the platform.
- Read the requirements for setting up your desk, space where you will take the test, and test security procedures carefully.
- Make sure that you have the link. This will be sent to you via email the day before the test.